"For I was hungry & you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty & you gave me something to drink..."

Matthew 25:35

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Dip

this dip is like eating pumpkin pie. but better- if that's possible.
it's got a kick ass texture & just the right amount of spices to not be overpowering. seriously awesome.
awesome enough that it won me yet another food contest at my work:

you can also see my buffalo chicken dip in that picture. i bring 2 dips to contests. i'm awesome like that. anyway, moving on.

Pumpkin Pie Dip (via girlwhoateeverything)
You Need:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 cup Cool Whip, thawed

Directions:
In a large bowl beat the cream cheese & powdered sugar until smooth. Add in the pumpkin, sour cream, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice & ground ginger- mix.
Fold in the thawed Cool Whip.
Chill for until you server (around 1-2 hours)

Serve with green apples, ginger snaps or graham crackers.

I served this with green apple slices & my Chewy Ginger Snaps:

my favorite? the green apples. tart + sweet = awesome.
This stuff holds up great too- you can make it a day or two in advance with no issues- just keep it cold.
If you want to be cool- serve it in a hollowed out sugar pumpkin.
I'm not cool- i served it in a glass dish. holla.
Pin It!

2 comments:

Crich said...

Hey, Trina. Hope the Rouse and Bird families have a great Thanksgiving. Among other things, I'm bringing the Pumpkin Pie Dip and Buffalo Chicken Dip to our gathering this afternoon. Sonia

Unknown said...

Sonia,
We did- gracias. And awesome! How'd they turn out?

Related Posts with Thumbnails