"For I was hungry & you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty & you gave me something to drink..."

Matthew 25:35

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Corn Pudding (Corn Bake)

i adore corn pudding- which is odd for me because i'm usually not big on "pudding like texture" foods- but there's just something about this stuff. it's sweet & crunchy but smooth & silky- delish.

Corn Pudding

You Need:
2 11 oz cans of sweet corn- drained (or you can use fresh corn, cut from the cob)
1/3 c white sugar
1 tsp corse salt
1 tblsp flour
2 eggs (beaten)
1 cup milk
1 cup whipping cream
3 tblsp butter (melted)
1/2 tsp nutmeg

Directions: Pre-heat oven to 350 & butter (or spray with Pam) a 2 quart casserole dish

Put all of the ingredients (minus the corn) into a bowl & whisk together- stir in the corn.

Pour into the casserole dish & bake for 45 min - 1 hour (mine needed 1 hour)
It should be set & browned on top- test for doneness by inserting a knife into the middle of the casserole- it should come out clean.

Serve warm!


this will be soft- but should be set. it's like a custard- but better!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Mae said...

My dad loves corn. This looks amazing. Cant wait to try it.

MrsBro... said...

How did I not know you had a food blog?? This is awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails