In fact, it's good enough that it won me 1st Place in the Pumpkin Dessert Contest we just had at my work. yeah- i brag.
it's also wicked easy:
The Great Pumpkin Dessert
1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix or spice cake mix
3/4 cup butter, melted
1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts (optional- i left them out)
Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream (i used whipped cream)
Pre-heat oven to 350°
In a large bowl, beat first five ingredients until smooth (i used my stand mixer)
Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the dry cake mix and drizzle with butter. Top with walnuts (optional)
Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Allow to cool & chill in the fridge (it'll make cutting way easier)
Serve with ice cream or whipped cream
- toss in some cinnamon & cloves. i think it'll give a good kick
- watch it! the top gets brown pretty easily. i left mine in for 1 hour- but i probably would have been good with 50-55 min.
- this is WAY better once it's sat for at least 24 hours (in my opinion)- so try to make it a little in advance if you can.
- definately let it chill in the fridge for several hours before trying to cut it
- try it with different cake mix (yellow, white, spice) see what you like best