"For I was hungry & you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty & you gave me something to drink..."

Matthew 25:35

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Chewy Apple Cookies

thanks to my overzealous apple picking adventures the other day, i have an ABUNDANCE of Cortland apple- just sitting here...begging to be cooked.

sooooo, cookie! and not cakey cookies either, chewy, COOKIE cookies! :)


Chewy Apple Cookies
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter softened
2 2/3 cups packed brown sugar
2 egg
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp baking soda
4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp apple pie spice
2 cups chopped apples + 4 tbls butter & 2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350.
Peel and chop the apples- saute in butter & cinnamon until soft (about 5-7 min) let cool.

Cream together the shortening, butter & brown sugar. Add the eggs one at a time & then the milk. Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, apple pie spice, ground cinnamon, allspice & ground nutmeg. Add to the wet mixture & then stir in apples.

Using a small ice cream scoop; drop spoonfuls of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 8-10 min. Remove from oven, let sit on the cookie sheet for abot 2 minutes and then move to a wire rack to cool.


Enjoy!
Pin It!

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

Okay, you are officially the cookie queen! These were the most delicious cookies EVER...I ate so many I made myself sick! Seriously though, five stars. They rock. Delicious. I'm gaining 5 pounds just thinking about them...

Unknown said...

yay! i'm glad you liked them- seriously, i ate about 30 of them and also put ice cream in between 2 and....oh my. Lord forgive me :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails