"For I was hungry & you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty & you gave me something to drink..."

Matthew 25:35

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Rice Pudding

i LOVE rice pudding- but not the soupy, goupy, oopy, runny, shmunny stuff that people seem to gravitate towards- no! i like something firm, sweet, savory & lacking in tapioca!

and the only person that ever made it the way i like it is my mother- so here it is- my mom's Rice Pudding (minus the nasty raisins she likes to add)


Rice "Pudding"

2 cups cooked white rice (hot, cold- doesn't matter)
2-3 tblsp butter
1 cup heavy/whipping cream
2 eggs
1/2 cup white sugar
cinnamon (to taste)
nutmeg (to taste)

Pre-heat oven to 350
Butter an 8x8 baking dish

in a bowl- mix together all of the ingredients- pour into the buttered baking dish and bake for about 25-30 min.
Remove from the oven and serve whenever! i love it hot, but it's good cold too. serve it as is or with milk or yogurt.

OMG it's soooo good!!!!

Enjoy!
Pin It!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails