"For I was hungry & you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty & you gave me something to drink..."

Matthew 25:35

Monday, November 17, 2008

flat & chewy chocolate chip cookies


You Need:

2 c. all-purpose flour
1 ¼ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
8 oz butter, softened
1 ½ c. packed light brown sugar
¼ cup sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 c. chopped high quality milk chocolate (or chips)
2 c. chopped toasted walnuts (optional- I skipped them)

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 325-degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
2. In a mixer fitted with a paddle, cream the butter and sugars until fluffy, 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla. Add the flour mixture all at once and blend until a dough forms. Fold in the chocolate and walnuts. Chill the dough.
3. Using a small ice-cream scoop place about 1 tblsp on the baking sheet and flatten to 1/2 -inch-thick disks spaced 2 inches apart. Chill the dough between batches.
4. Bake until the edges are golden brown, 14 to 16 minutes. Let cool slightly on the baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack. Makes 30 to 35 cookies.

Enjoy & God Bless
Pin It!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

HOLY CRAP!
I didn't burn them.

Unknown said...

i'm proud of you my young padawan.
you should put some vanilla ice cream between 2 of them
oh. my. God.
you'll die.

Related Posts with Thumbnails