"For I was hungry & you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty & you gave me something to drink..."

Matthew 25:35

Monday, September 8, 2008

chocolate chip cookie bars

when i'm too lazy to make cookies, but i still want cookies, i make cookie bars. no scooping and cooling- just slap the dough onto a jelly roll pan and bake.

Original Nestlé Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.)
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

* i also add:
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice

Directions:
PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts.

Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.

Enjoy! God Bless!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Okay, I swear to you I followed this recipe to a T and I still managed to screw them up!

They came out the exact texture of bread.

What did I do wrong?

Humph.

Unknown said...

lol- what did you do?!
did you use a jelly roll pan? make sure it's not a real deep pan- like, not even an inch deep i don't think.

i don't know what else you would have done...i mean, the directions are right on the back of the toll house chocolate chip bag ;)

haha- yummy cookie bread.

Jenna said...

I swear to you I followed the directions religiously.

It wasn't even good cookie bread :(

I must have added too much flour or something.

*sniff

I just can't cook.

Related Posts with Thumbnails