Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Sunday, January 2, 2011
my best friends came over to exchange Christmas gifts & i needed a semi-quick lunch. i didn't want regular mac & cheese & i was craving ricotta- so this was perfect!
Three Cheese Pasta Bake
- 1 (16-ounce) package ziti (i used Rigatoni)
- 1 batch homemade Alfredo sauce (see recipe below)
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (i used 1 tblspn dried)
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Directions: Pre-Heat oven to 350°
Prepare ziti (or whatever pasta you choose) according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
Stir together Alfredo sauce and sour cream; toss with ziti until evenly coated. Spoon half of mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
Stir together ricotta cheese and next 3 ingredients; spread evenly over pasta mixture in baking dish. Spoon remaining pasta mixture evenly over ricotta cheese layer; sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.Homemade Alfredo Sauce (or go buy a jar!)
Saturday, January 1, 2011
Spoon batter into pan and rap pan against work surface once or twice to eliminate air bubbles. Place pan in (cold) oven and turn oven temperature to 350°F.
Bake until golden and a wooden pick or skewer inserted in middle of cake comes out with a few crumbs adhering, 1 to 1 1/4 hours (mine was PERFECTLY cooked after 55 min)
Cool cake in pan on a rack 30 minutes. Run a thin knife around inner and outer edges of cake, then invert rack over pan and invert cake onto rack to cool completely.